Thursday, November 19, 2009

Warm Spanish Chicken Salad




A big hit!





Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients

2 boneless chicken breasts (I used regular bone in chicken breasts and took the skin off before cooking, and cut meat off bone after)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 each sweet red and green pepper, cut into 3/4" wide strips
6 cups baby salad greens (I used romaine lettuce)
1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion (I used some red onion and green onions)
1/3 cup pimento-stuffed green olives (optional)
1/4 cup each toasted slivered almonds and crumbled feta cheese

Sherry Vinaigrette


2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch each salt, pepper and sugar

1) In bowl, toss together chicken, oil, paprika, salt and pepper; transfer to foil-lined baking sheet. Add red and green peppers; bake in 375 degree oven until peppers are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 35 minutes. Let chicken cool enough to handle; thinly slice crosswise.
2) In large bowl, combine salad greens, onion, olives (if using), almonds, chicken and peppers.
3) In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (My first attempt apparently didn't include any 'y' letters. Interesting. Here we go again!)

    I'm excited to start eating salads again - I've been eyeballing that Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing you sent over *drools*. I'm waiting for Christmas before I allow myself the pleasure of eating the foods though!

    ReplyDelete