Monday, August 10, 2009

Best - Ever Sloppy Joes

How good?: So good that Rob didn't need to add Frank's Hot Sauce

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 regular servings (2 man size)

1 tablespoon olive oil (only if not using non-stick pan)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 green pepper, diced

1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
8 ounce can tomato sauce

1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper (in oil, if not using non stick pan), breaking up the meat with a fork or such. Once browned, pour off or spoon out extra fat.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Serve over toasted GF buns or baked potatoes, with a salad or just sliced tomatoes or oranges on the side.

Recipe by Connie Sarros of Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies

4 comments:

  1. Three big foods I miss from home:
    1. Popsicles, Canadian/American style.
    2. White Vinegar (just doesn't seem to exist here).
    3. Ground beef. I was drooling when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad! I'll see if I can pack the second one next time I send a package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best blog ever!! You've really taken off with this Mom!

    Katie - I would be glad to send you some ground beef in the mail. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete