Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mrs Harris's Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are amazing! I used to use a general flour mix for these but if you use exactly what is written here, they will be the best chocolate chip cookies you've ever had, GF or not. Thanks for sharing, Mrs. Harris.

Cream
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar

Add
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla

Combine, then add to liquid mixture
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup rice flour
3 Tbsp chick pea flour
3 Tbsp tapioca flour
3 Tbsp potato starch

Add
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup choc chips

Put in fridge for 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350, then bake for 8-10 minutes. I take them out when still a bit soft, at 9 minutes, then let cool on cookie sheet, for a chewy texture.

3 comments:

  1. Mom! I am so excited to have these delightful cookies again :) You're by far the most talented when it comes to the actual results... I hope some day I'll be able to achieve the same amount of greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Thank you Mrs. Harris! Who is Mrs. Harris, by the way? I've made these one with a slightly different flour combo, and had UNREAL results as well :) Great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the mother of Lachelle (Harris) Pyke :) She's a celiac as well! The summer I was diagnosed, Mrs. Harris sent some of these cookies with her younger daughter (Larissa) whom I happened to be working with at camp that summer :) Great lady! Amazing cookies :)

    ReplyDelete