
Tortilla Sticks
Rob didn't seem too excited about these, as they are like chips, but require making. I think they are kind of neat, because you can add your own favorite herbs and such. I liked them for snacking. No preservatives, or additives, just nice crunchy flavorful tortilla strips.
**(Rob has changed his mind; after eating them all in short order, I think he realized they wouldn't be made again,unless he corrected his previous comments.)
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Nonstick cooking spray
Two 8" rice flour tortillas
1-2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg white
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat the over to 400 degrees. Spray nonstick baking sheet.
2. Brush one side of each tortilla with the melted butter, and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Press the cheese into the tortilla so it sticks.
3.In a small bowl, whisk the egg white (with a fork or whisk)until it's foamy.
4. Turn the tortillas over and brush them with the egg white using a pastry brush. Sprinkle the tortillas with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
5. With a clean pair of scissors, cut each tortilla into 1" strips. Place them with cheese side down on baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, or until strips are lightly golden and crisp.
Recipe by Connie Sarros of Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies
Interesting... :)
ReplyDeleteyummy.. I think that one looks good
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I like the update :)
ReplyDelete